Red 16" On One 456C Singlespeed Woodland Razzer build

carter711

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, it's about time I got around to posting a build thread up on here..

My latest build is as the title suggests is going to be a lightweight simple play bike for mucking about in the woods for a few hours on a Sunday (or whenever really!).

I'm going for a 16" On One 456 Carbon in red, 140mm fork, 18-32 SS gearing and Formula Discs.
I'll be updating the thread as new bits arrive, I'll also try to keep track of cost in case others are inspired to do a similar build. The budget is down to earth, using quality and well priced components.

Today the following things arrived from Superstar...

Pro SS converter kit £14.99
Carbon HS spacers £4.49
Zeta QR clamp £13.00

And from Ebay I received:

Blue chain ring bolts £6.00

The frame should be here next week sometime although I've got to wait for the horizontal swapouts to arrive in stock on the 26th which is a bit of a bugger but such is life!
Any feedback/opinions/interest welcomed..

Total so far is £38.48

Attachments

• 456 parts.jpg
    456 parts.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,204
Well the frame and seatpost came today, it's looking good but I've got to wait for the headset until I can get cracking. It looks a lot racier in real life than the photos can show.

I found an old Budweiser sticker the other day so decided to chop it up and stick it on the frame. Red, blue and white are my favourite colours so it made sense and I quite like a bottle of Bud on a nice summer's day!

The frame was £250 from One One and the carbon fibre seatpost was £20 from the same source.

Total spend so far £308.49

Attachments

• 456 side.jpg
    456 side.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,138
  • 456 headtube.jpg
    456 headtube.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,138
More new stuffz today, I got my 32t chain ring, quite overpriced really at £28 but it should look good. I also ordered a 30mm carbon spacer from Superstar as the 456C has quite a short head tube.

At least now I can build up my cranks and install them :D

I forgot to mention that with the frame I ordered some horizontal swapouts which were £30pr.

Total spend so far £371.95

Attachments

• chainring.jpg
    chainring.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,032
I got in touch with On One today to find out where my white headset and gold chain (for my bike not my neck) are, as I ordered them on 20.4.12.

They said that because I had ordered some chain tugs that are not to be restocked until 26.4.12 they were keeping the whole order back until the tugs came in. I thought they'd just send me all they had and then post the tugs as and when. It's only a little hiccup but I just can't wait to get this built up! :LOL:

Anyway to keep myself interested I popped into my LBS (Nirvana, Westcott) and picked up a gold Hope QR skewer for the front. I don't need it as I've already got exactly the same thing in black but the gold will suit the build better :)

Attachments

• Hope QR.jpg
    Hope QR.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 960
FINALLY got my chain tugs today and put them on, the bike is complete! (For the time being)

I weighed it the other day and it's just over 10KG.

Back