Cannondale Gemini Wreck to Runner FINISHED

dadandlad

Dirt Disciple
I decided i needed a downhill bike after watching my son and watching a Farmer Johns race at Saddleworth Moor which had nothing too hardcore and was very informal,just a load of guys and girls having a laugh and enjoying the banter.
The bike had to be a reasonable make but most importantly cheap,i really wanted a Intense M1 but couldnt find one at the right price.
I have ended up with the Gemini you see here (a right dog) the frame has now been stripped of all paint at a cost of 6 packets of Foxs biscuits by a friend in the industry.
Hopefully i will have some more pictures tomorow of the frame fresh from the powder coaters.

Photo0021.jpg

Photo0019.jpg

The frame came with a mismatch of wheels and brakes which i will rectify over time as funds permit.

Which do you think are the better of the two brakes provided
Hope M4 or Avid Code

Got the frame back from the powder coaters today and cannot have wished for a better finish,shame my pictures dont show it.
Anyway as promised a few more pics the first in stripped state

P10106072.jpg

P10106122.jpg

P10106112.jpg

P10106102.jpg

P10106092.jpg

thats lovely...! really nice to see it go from battered to spanking again!

have gone for a similar colourscheme on a heckler im restoring.. (only with a black powedercoated mainframe and a polished rear end)

cant wait to see this built :)

Cheers Spacehopper
Get some pictures of the Heckler posted,they are a real passion of mine im now on my 6th :shock:
Upgrading each time now on a 2007 silver anodised one,now fitted with xtr shifters and brakes

P10105082.jpg

Looks like a new frame! I had an M1 I sold a few months ago for £220 they are such legendary frames.

Regarding the brakes, they are both good but depend entirely on condition. I've seen M4s that are way past their best even after a good bleed/new pads/discs. The pistons tend to seize.

Bit more progress this evening,rebuilt the boxxers with new seals and oil and fit the Superstar oversize headset.
Got a bit excited once i had the forks mounted and had to fit the wheels to see what it looked like :D
Going to need softer sprngs in the boxxers (yellow at the moment) and softer rear spring

P10106142.jpg

P10106152.jpg

P10106132.jpg

Back