Pace RC300 - ridden

treacle

Senior Retro Guru
Inspired by Fudd's RC300 build with modern parts, I am soon to start building up my RC300 frame I have had stored in the loft for what seems like years. It's been a long time in the making but after selling off my entire fleet of bikes and parts on here and ebay in recent months...it all starts here!

Won't give too much away on the spec, but it will keep a Brit influence to match the frame....

... updates to happen soon!

Attachments

• IMG_4557.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 3,132
I also have one in my loft, (and a mint RC200F6 in pewter) been many year since it was used and then only ridden a handful of times

It's missing wheels and a few other bits that got robbed for my parters bike (must be the only Diamond back cheapo hardtail on Mavic/Hope Ti disc wheels and Pace RC31's!) But I fancy using it again. the Hope C2's it came with were the best brakes I've ever used.

If any of you chaps feel like selling me an RC300 I am all ears. I fancy a second one!

I have been trying a highend US ti frame built up with top kit but cant help but return to the 300. As such I fancy a spare.

Mine is up for sale if you can find me an 18inch! Or swap an 18 for a 19!

Great frames, always wanted one, only now getting round to making it a reality!

If you can lend me about £400, then I have a good chance of winning, otherwise, I predict

Fudd first, you, then me just as winter is kicking in....

treacle":2b6rdsx5 said:
If you can lend me about £400, then I have a good chance of winning, otherwise, I predict

Fudd first, you, then me just as winter is kicking in....

lol! Damn, I was gonna ask you to lend me money!!! :)

I don't think Fudd can enter though, all he did was swap one frame for another, we're both building from scratch ;)

Still tucked away. I have a build stand off at the moment - 2 bikes vying for my attention and lack of 'bike funds' (see sale threads!).

The pace will get done next I think as it will be my 'rider'.

Left on 'to get' list:

- bars
- crankset
- rear mech
- stem
- cables etc

Once I have everything, then will release the spec and pics of parts / build progress more often.

Hoping to have it built ready for the Surrey meet....

Back