Specialized Stumpjumper 2000 rebuild

jonkelly3

Dirt Disciple
Well, here is my bought new 2000 Stumpy, a brilliant colour scheme. Looking through the 2012 Specialized catalogue nearly all the bikes are black, red and silver IE - BORING! I sold this to my mate in 2007 for £250 and just bought it back for £100. Its in pretty good nick and is going to look amazing rebuilt, though it wont be stock as Im emphasising the orange accessories and am on a budget. Im selling some bits in the mtb section, and have a queries section in the bike chart section, so any offers / advice head there.
Hope you like what I do with it.

Attachments

• April 2012 043.jpg
    April 2012 043.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,430
  • April 2012 059.jpg
    April 2012 059.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,430
Re: Thanks!

jonkelly3":yb0ukho5 said:
Thanks!
Modern bikes look too corporate in my opinion, with some cool exceptions.

Agree with you there. But then stock is stock.
All my bikes are as far from stock as you can get (as i seem to only buy frames and build them!).

Welcome and nice frame.
Not seen many at all in that colour scheme before.

Dont dmr do a blue v8 that would match that?

Thanks!

Ive checked out those pedals, they look good. Any other ideas/reccomendations appreciated as still in the buying stage at the moment.

i had a lot of fun building my stumpie y2k

i did mine as a rigid single speeder and got the weight below 16lb.

was a great project and a good ride ;)

stubbsy :D

Lovely bike. My wife is driving a Stumpumper M4 Full-suspension of the same year. And you are right. Today everything is black, grey and white.
Strange people....today I was cycling with my orange (should be typical dutch) Genesis Fortitude and a couple of other cyclists were asking: "nice bike, nice looks, but.....Can we buy it in black? GRRRRR.

So You can build up this what you want ;)

Richard
www.ervehafietsen.nl

Back