kili flyer cromo

dendy

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So after my failed attempt at landing a kili ti I decided on getting the 853 cromo frame to build up myself.

This will probably take me an age to complete but i thought i would start with posting some pics of the frame :D

P1160471.jpg

P1160465.jpg

P1160530.jpg

P1160522.jpg

P1160516.jpg

P1160517.jpg

P1160431.jpg

P1160516.jpg

P1160428.jpg

P1160450.jpg

P1160504.jpg

P1160509.jpg

Very nice.

These are the Enigma buit frames aren't they?

Wonder why they didn't use the proteam tubing :?

Hurry up and get it built ;)

Would be interested to know the bare frame weight if you get a chance

letmetalktomark":2rn8imi5 said:
Very nice.

These are the Enigma buit frames aren't they?

Wonder why they didn't use the proteam tubing :?

Hurry up and get it built ;)

Would be interested to know the bare frame weight if you get a chance

I believe they are made by enigma and maybe the lack of proteam tubing is to do with keeping costs down due to manufacturing in the uk :?

The weight without seat clamp and including bolts is 2250g.. Not the lightest 853 frame out there but I didn't expect it to be. The back end is quite beefy and doesn't look to be as skinny as say a cotic soul, also the fillet brazing adds to the weight a touch.

dendy":3nds4mpm said:
I believe they are made by enigma and maybe the lack of proteam tubing is to do with keeping costs down due to manufacturing in the uk :?

The weight without seat clamp and including bolts is 2250g.. Not the lightest 853 frame out there but I didn't expect it to be. The back end is quite beefy and doesn't look to be as skinny as say a cotic soul, also the fillet brazing adds to the weight a touch.

The reason I ask is that my Pace is fillet over tig and is a bit of a porker in part down to this.

Are these designed around a 100mm fork? Lack of gussets suggest this but interested none the less

I bet you cannot weight to get on the bike though

:cool:

letmetalktomark":l38boatp said:
dendy":l38boatp said:

The reason I ask is that my Pace is fillet over tig and is a bit of a porker in part down to this.

Are these designed around a 100mm fork? Lack of gussets suggest this but interested none the less

I bet you cannot weight to get on the bike though

:cool:

They are designed for a 120 mm fork, the bikes were all fitted with fox 120's. Yes I cannot wait but will probably end up having to :( I have to sell some stuff first ;)

Out of interest what is the weight of the pace?

Massive fans of these frames, really want one, hoping I will one day.

Any plans set out or just picking up bits as and when?

Very nice :cool:

I almost went for one of these myself, but you only turn 40 once so I went for a custom build instead Still using 853 and fillet brazed, so both bikes have a large hint of retro abut them

Looking forward to seeing this built up

Back