2010 Lapierre zesty custom build

mallott

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've finished building my Zesty and it has now had its baptism of fire over the weekend and last night with a good bit of caning.

So the spec

Zesty 314 frame
Dt xmm 140 forks
XT drivetrain (from various years)
Dmr revolver f hub, xt rear, rhynolite rims, dt spokes, gold ally nips.
tioga o bone stem
ea50 bars
sdg i beam post and bel air saddle
Formula RX brakes

So my conclusions are, it's wicked! my only criticism is that it's a bit hard to pop the front end up and bunny hop. I will adapt my techique over time though! It just wants you to pedal faster :LOL:

553757_10150890355967004_654722003_12551341_1007315927_n.jpg

The headset is just the standard one, which will be replaced soon and i have a ritchey carbon stem on the way, so will need some nice os bars to go with it. :roll:

Thanks to Barneyballbags, Wynne, south bound and ragingbulls for parts.

Modern bike people,

These always seem to be rated very good. Are they worthy of that praise? Is there much difference between this one and a Spicy?

I like the look of yours. It still manages to look like a bike rather than a motorbike that has lost its engine. I didn't mean to hijack your thread but I want to try full suspension and disc brakes whilst I'm able to appreciate it and would value your opinion.

There's 20 mm travel difference between this and the spicy.

Wether you will get on with fs I think is what type of riding you do, I like to play and get my kicks on the dh bits, my rides tend to link my fave trails with the uphill bits done on road. Uphill is obviously harder with more weight but technical uphil bits can ne easier.
For me, going from ht back to fs is like learning to ride again.

Discs are a no brainer for me, power bite control whatever the weather.

Changed the headset today, to a red token one from crc. 18 quid well spent.

Will you be chopping that steerer down? also if you put a shorter stem on you will find it easier to bunny hop, I had a custom built Spicy. loved it.

Back