New Build - Once you go black - 2012 Pace 104

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I mused about getting one of these at the same point in time I build my Soul.

Since then I have always admired the frames and they relative rareness/unpopularity.

When the option presented itself to get one recently I jumped at it.

This is a 2012 XL frame. Given its XL badge I don't think its a gate :?

In quick succession two 30.0 Thomson posts were snapped up for bargainous prices - The straight one pictured and a layback just in case.

The bike is running an 8 speed Alfine but I am also after a SS specific rear wheel for a bit of choice. I also have a Reba Team fork to replace the Salsa forks if needed.

Being a tart I like the way the stainless steel dropouts on the forks match the chrome rear of the frame - as I say I am a tart.

Not ridden in anger yet :oops: as I still have the rear brake to bleed.

Unsurprisingly she is no lightweight - steel frame, steel forks, Alfine - but it should be sub 30lbs.

Anyhoo a couple of quick pics:

IMGP2565.jpg

IMGP2569.jpg

IMGP2568.jpg

Spec

Frame: 2012 Pace 104 XL

Fork: Salsa Cromoto

Headset: Hope
Stem: Thomson with Ti Bolts
Handlebar: On One bendy ones
Grips: FRM Foam

Brakes: Magura Louise

Drive Chain: Alfine 8 Speed

Rims: 317/717
Hubs: Hope Pro 2 Evo/Alfine

Tyres: Charge

Saddle: 1997 Anniversary Selle Flite
Seatpost: Thomson

Weight: Unknown

What do we think?

M

i like that a lot.

bought one myself about 18 months ago but couldnt get the seatpost down the seat tube because of weld overspill so sent it back, unfortunatly there were none left in the country at the time so went for a cove instead. always wondered what it would have rode like though

when they came out i thought they were very un-Pace like, i don't mean that negatively though, that said i think that looks great! :cool:

Looks truly stunning pal, my brother has just bought a frame from CRC £395!!!!!!!!! BARGAIN, im looking forward to helping him build it up, Love the shape of the frame also the fantastic 853 steel. Lovely build. :LOL:

What a lovely frame. :cool: ;) Build ties in well.

Thought you had sorted a Rohloff for this though?
Interested to hear how you get on with the splashbacks.

Back