Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:29 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:59 am 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2389
Location: London
Mine measures 18" from middle of bottom bracket to top of seat tube.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 3212
Location: Bracknell,East Berkshire.
Was the name "M-Trax" ever attached to these? I think of it as a Raleigh 450, or an RSP 450 maybe. I owned one briefly in around 2001, lovely little bike :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2389
Location: London
Reluctant wrote:
Was the name "M-Trax" ever attached to these? I think of it as a Raleigh 450, or an RSP 450 maybe. I owned one briefly in around 2001, lovely little bike :D


they have a small round label with Pro-line M-Trax written on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2389
Location: London
And I'm trying to convince poweredbypies to sell me his one! or swap it for a full susser!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 189
I'm toying with the idea of selling this. What do you guys think its worth now days? Spec is as shown in the later pics with the gold post and carbon railed saddle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 pm 
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
Gold Trader | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:30 am
Posts: 2389
Location: London
going_downhill wrote:
I'm toying with the idea of selling this. What do you guys think its worth now days? Spec is as shown in the later pics with the gold post and carbon railed saddle.



Firstly, dibs on the frame if you decide to sell! :)

Anyway, it's hard to put a price on these as they're so few and far between.
Comparing it to the Titanium version of RSP, they too vary. A similarly (yellow and blue) painted RSP 600 went for £165 on eBay (frame/headset/seatpost/blue Sids only) and a week before that a higher spec'd package went for £250, full Ti RSP bikes XTR equipped tend to go for around the £400 mark, perhaps a bit more. The RSP 600 frame/fork package was on sale here for £250.
However I bought my RSP 600 Ti frame plus headset and seatpost only for £180 here.

The full sus RSP with Reynolds 853 Frame only goes for under £90 usually, I paid £85 recently (since sold) judging by all this, I'd suggest around £100 frame only.

So I think you'd be better off splitting, as people don't seem to want to pay what these are worth!

What size is your frame?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 189
ibbz wrote:
going_downhill wrote:
I'm toying with the idea of selling this. What do you guys think its worth now days? Spec is as shown in the later pics with the gold post and carbon railed saddle.



Firstly, dibs on the frame if you decide to sell! :)

Anyway, it's hard to put a price on these as they're so few and far between.
Comparing it to the Titanium version of RSP, they too vary. A similarly (yellow and blue) painted RSP 600 went for £165 on eBay (frame/headset/seatpost/blue Sids only) and a week before that a higher spec'd package went for £250, full Ti RSP bikes XTR equipped tend to go for around the £400 mark, perhaps a bit more. The RSP 600 frame/fork package was on sale here for £250.
However I bought my RSP 600 Ti frame plus headset and seatpost only for £180 here.

The full sus RSP with Reynolds 853 Frame only goes for under £90 usually, I paid £85 recently (since sold) judging by all this, I'd suggest around £100 frame only.

So I think you'd be better off splitting, as people don't seem to want to pay what these are worth!

What size is your frame?


Thanks for the info, the frame measures up at 18.5" centre to top from memory. i'll have a think about splitting. But i wanted to avoid packaging and sending numerous items. :( i might try advertising it for £200 minus the sids. It has xt/dura ace, brand new mavics on deore hubs. Some other nice bits to such as the saddle and tyres..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 3212
Location: Bracknell,East Berkshire.
When I bought one of these ages ago (2001), I paid £100 for frame only ~ which I thought was bargainal. £200 for a package, minus SID would be a great price for someone in my opinion :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group