start of something beautiful

Tinotrials

Retro Guru
My 1998 Pashley 26Mhz is finally out of the starting blocks ! With a smattering of 98 aged parts including, Rockshox SID sl, Magura HS33, Hope ti front hub on Mavic X517, IRC El-Gato's, Koxx try-all stock stem and soon to have a rear Hope ti-glide on a Mavic D521, Hope C2 front brake, Middleburn RS7's and Azonic double wall risers also on the hunt for some 8speed road gearing and a 98 XT/XTR shifter

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9912_n.jpg

528269_10151416658290384_506895383_23537115_336799912_n.jpg

Building a bike of all the parts i wanted at the time but could never afford :) the bike will be used for general use and for a nice light trail bike. prob gonna be sent to argos (unless anyone else knows somewhere better/cheaper) for a full respray (with pashley forks that i have)

It looks great, and the sids match it well, I just thought these were more trials/hardcore and the sids are very much not.

yeah a lot of riders used to run the sids as they are lighter than your standard crmo rigid fork (weight of the sids was 1.170kg and my pashley forks are 1.089kg so i went with the sids) and they have the disc mount so i can utilise the old rotor and spider from the hope ti hub. pashley used the same colour as the sids as did magura for their blue brakes (HS33 SID Blue was the name)

they are weights from my digital scales at work

Just saw this. Had to say WOW :shock:.

Coomber, I think Rey and Lenosky both used SIDs that year (the first year they came out), and they were used for 4x/dirt jumping right up through y2k by teams like Animal Orange (Minnaar, Geall).

Ah i forgot to comment on this!

I just put the image url inbetween these
and it worked for me.

It looks smart, what sort of riding do you prefer to use it for?

Back