2011 Santa Cruz Superlight (pic heavy!)

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, after fanying around with mail order bikes that didn't work I today went to my LBS and picked up a 2011 Santa Cruz Superlight.
I'd spotted it in there on Saturday, but they were really busy and I was in a rush, so I returned this morning for a test ride.
I'd been concerned that it would be too big for me, as it's a large, but it fits like a glove.
I did the deal then and there, and headed straight out for a very sunny (and windy) 24 miles on The Purbecks.....

CIMG1976.jpg

CIMG1978.jpg

CIMG1985.jpg

CIMG1990.jpg

The gateway to hell!!
CIMG1994.jpg

I've not ridden for 7 weeks after busting a finger in an extreme winter sports accident (ok, it was a snowball fight on Wimbledon hight Street :oops: ) so I'm pretty knackered right now.
I am however very happy with my new bike :D

cyfa2809":38ftpyb7 said:
Go on then, weight and spec?
Any plans for it?
It's a mix of XT and SLX on the drive-train, has SID Team and Fox RP23 for bounce and Mavic Cross Ride wheels.
It weighs in at 23 lbs, with my heavy DX pedals fitted, so not too bad.
Plans are to run it until stuff breaks and then upgrade slowly :D

I bought it mainly as I like the frame design. So much simpler than everything else I looked at, so should be more reliable and need less servicing.
Time will tell!

As for those chainrings.... :roll: It's things like that that mean I'll never get as excited over new bikes as the old'uns

That looks lovely, i've always had a soft spot for Santa Cruz bikes tho ever since I saw one in the flesh at bike 99.

Back