On-one 456 Summer Season

xizang

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Had this delivered this morning. It's the Glow in the dark paint too :LOL:

Going for a standard build, basically transferring parts.
XT mechs & shifters, OS flat bar, mavic on hope hub wheels, Hayes disc brakes etc

The pic is from the ad:

I want to try one of these one day. Interested to see how you get on with it.

What are you transferring bits from?

You will love it.

I built mine for peanuts and it always brings a smile to my face.

Even on the climbs.

Taking it to Cwmcarn Saturday to try out some bargain Nevegals :cool:

coomber":ocptjm9p said:
What are you transferring bits from?

I built up a Norco Bigfoot but have only ridden it once. I saw this and decided to buy it and sell the Bigfoot (even though it's a size down).Nearly all parts for this were taken off my Marin Alpine Trail Vision.

It'll have Manitou Sherman Firefly Forks (TF Tuned) 130mm travel. XT (750 series) shifters and mechs. Hayes 9 hydro brakes with 8" rotors. Hope Bulb front and rear hubs, D521 fr & D 321 rr. Coti Vertical tyres but I've Conti 2.4 Mountain Kings to pop on if needed. XT cranks with 36/24 rings and a bash guard. DMR V12's. Reverse Fli XXL flat bar cut to 740mm. Raceface Atlas seatpost. Bikehut 50mm stem (will possibly change it depending on how it rides for length).

I'd give it some thought before you decide on the build (thats a joke by the way). Seems like you know what you want. Get it built then!

Build is almost finished, waiting for a XT 28.6mm front mech to be delivered.
I've XT cranks to put on but need to put the rings on them yet.
Really like the touches on the frame. Eyelets for the gear cables are 'straight-through' so that full outers can be run.

Attachments

• DSC06641.JPG
    DSC06641.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,606
  • DSC06637.1.jpg
    DSC06637.1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,606
  • DSC06638.1.jpg
    DSC06638.1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,606
Don't know yet. I only built it up this afternoon :LOL:

I've always used 50 - 80mm stems so it should be OK for me.

On the On-one web site they recommend 40 - 60mm. As everything it's down to personal preference.

I've an 80mm stem and risers to try just in case I'm not happy with the handling.

Latest posts

Back