Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:55 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just thought i'd put up a pic of my Cube Hanzz! To Me from Me!! :lol:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:13 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:45 am
Posts: 1136
Location: Poppy Fields
Looks like it would take some hammer, you done much on it yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:03 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
BertR00t wrote:
Looks like it would take some hammer, you done much on it yet?


Yeah rode a few local trails on it, done a few downhill runs at Hamsterley Forest and went up to Glentress a couple of times, took everything in its stride, plenty of travel to play with!! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:47 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Calder Valley
I have the Fritzz and love it, that looks stunning and i can imagine how that rides big stuff, cos the Fritzz does a great job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:49 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Posts: 564
Location: North East Lincolnshire
Looks like that could handle anything you throw it at..... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
graham1975 wrote:
I have the Fritzz and love it, that looks stunning and i can imagine how that rides big stuff, cos the Fritzz does a great job.


Cheers, yeah i rode a Fritzz and decided i wanted a little more travel and a more robust/stonger frame for more freeride / light downhill duites with a little pedalling ability thrown in! 8)

Minty Sauce wrote:
Looks like that could handle anything you throw it at..... 8)


Cheers! Yeah it does, effortless really when youre flying downhill!! Other than riding a world cup downhill track does everything exactly the same as a DH rig!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:33 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Calder Valley
DHB i bet it does, i have used my Fritzz for some serious downhill action in the past and its great, the reason i went for the Fritzz over anything else with more weight and travel, is the Fritzz will pedal up any hill, after a decent.
I suppose if you don't need to pedal anywere, or very little you went for the right bike.I need alot of both with living in Calderdale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:03 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
graham1975 wrote:
DHB i bet it does, i have used my Fritzz for some serious downhill action in the past and its great, the reason i went for the Fritzz over anything else with more weight and travel, is the Fritzz will pedal up any hill, after a decent.
I suppose if you don't need to pedal anywere, or very little you went for the right bike.I need alot of both with living in Calderdale.


I dont mind pedalling it but since ive changed to a single chain ring up front, its not the best on the legs up the climbs :lol: Although i did do 9 miles on it the other day as my other bike isnt finished yet!! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:51 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Calder Valley
DHB wrote:
graham1975 wrote:
DHB i bet it does, i have used my Fritzz for some serious downhill action in the past and its great, the reason i went for the Fritzz over anything else with more weight and travel, is the Fritzz will pedal up any hill, after a decent.
I suppose if you don't need to pedal anywere, or very little you went for the right bike.I need alot of both with living in Calderdale.


I dont mind pedalling it but since ive changed to a single chain ring up front, its not the best on the legs up the climbs :lol: Although i did do 9 miles on it the other day as my other bike isnt finished yet!! :wink:


Yeh iv gone 1 X 9 on mine too, using an 11 - 34 on the rear and a 34 on the front, a 36 just a bit too much for the hills.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:41 pm
Posts: 196
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Just bought a 34t ring for the front for that very reason.

Maybe going to change the tyres in the summer for something a little lighter too. We'll see how it goes though!! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sandgrown and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group