Time to operate....Scalpel please nurse !....update 14/03

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Oh dear ! I just bought this off Ebay. Spotted it a few days back and made an offer and just this morning struck a deal. Will have some major explaining to do.
It is the bike I have wanted ever since they came out last year and in the right colours and now I really hope it lives up to my expectations. 1580g with the shock - thats lighter than my Airborne titanium ! :shock:
It's coming from the US as they seem rare as hens teeth here but even after import duties etc its still (I think ???) a good price.
Only have the sellers pic at the moment ......

Attachments

• scalpel.jpg
    scalpel.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,190
Its 80mm travel at the back and geometry for a 100mm fork. 80mm doesn't sound like much but it amazes me that the chainstays are designed to flex this much with no pivot ! For me I want comfort so 80mm is plenty and I have a white pair of SIDs to go on the front which'll suit it nicely - I don't like Lefty forks much.
I'm really hoping this is going to be the best bits of my other 2 bikes - the Airborne is nicely light and I find a whole load easier to ride than the Proflex but that can handle the rough stuff and is comfortable all day.
Now have to wait and see .....

poweredbypies":2toinpr5 said:
Hahahaha your mrs is going to kill you, leave it me in your will.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Don't you think some flowers and a "But, look its really light!" explanation is going to smooth it over enough for me then ?

nice, remember the ST review when they compared that against a 29er.
was horses for courses but thats still going to be stunning to ride.

trek_y":1w65iars said:
poweredbypies":1w65iars said:
Hahahaha your mrs is going to kill you, leave it me in your will.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Don't you think some flowers and a "But, look its really light!" explanation is going to smooth it over enough for me then ?

NO :twisted: Me thinks your going for a day out shopping :twisted: Enjoy hanging around in frock shops hahaha

EarlofBarnet":ergc79jg said:
Stunning frame :cool:

Whats the plan on the spec?

The plan is to take the best bits from my other 2 bikes so to avoid any more spending or i will be murdered in my sleep so will be xtr m970 cranks, shifters and mechs with cross max wheels, white SIDS and avid ultimate discs then some nice carbon bits to finish it all off. Hope this will end up around the lower 20's in weight. Got the bb30 bottom bracket and big fat head tube to deal with so some adapters will be needed so I can fit my cranks and forks. Sadly this does mean that one of my current bikes will probably have to find a new home. Which one will be tough to decide. :(

Latest posts

Back