Ally's Scott Scale 30, 2011.

Ally

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Decided to treat myself after wanting a modern bike for the last year.

Lucky to find one I think. Must have been about the last in my size for a 2011 model.

Scott021.jpg

As strange as it sounds, I was looking to build a bike analogous to my Pace. Modern (for the time), frame design, materials, rigid, lightweight.

Of course, its a tenuous analogy, but that's kind of where I'm going with it.

I've changed over a few parts to suit me. I don't like hardtails, I prefer fully rigid or full suss.

Scott022.jpg

Makes for a nice light build, but plenty scope to get more weight off it in the future. Good start though I think.

Scott023.jpg

I'll run it as-is for now and figure what I want to do with it next, barring the obvious; cables and trim the steerer once I'm happy with the stem height.

Scott024.jpg

So far, i've changed the following, some parts were default to being spares I had not in use.
Forks (Exotic)
Seatpost (KCNC)
Saddle (SLR 135)
Post clamp (KCNC)
Stem (Thomson)
Bars (RaceFace)
Pedals (Exotic Ti).

Once I've got a few bits of modern-type tooling, one of the first things will be to sort out the cables and tidy it up a bit. I've also got a tubeless kit for it still to set-up.

Would be grateful for comments and suggestions from folk.

Cheers,

Ally.

Nice one.

Are you sure it's your size? IMO that seatpost is sticking out a lot, but maybe it's just because of the frame's general shape.
I have the same post on my Copperhead now, and on mine the entire number and half of the "-" is inside the seat tube.

Many thanks folks.

Don't know what it weighs yet, I'll need to wait till i'm back at work to get it on the scales. I'm expecting/hoping around the 9kg mark. Can't be far off that at the moment. I'll update when I've got an acurate weight.

Think I'll be looking at the gearing once my funds have recovered. Would like to fit a smaller cassette and a shorter cage rear mech.

It's a good start though I think and I will ride it as it is now to see where I will go with any changes.

Thanks again though: always good to hear nice comments.

Love it (although I would say that as I have the same bike), looks good with the rigid forks too, be interested to see what it comes out at in regards to the weight.

Back