Dialled Alpine SS

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This is whats putting all my retro stuff on the back burner. A prototype Dialled Alpine made with an EBB. Caught a sniff of it on a thread on Singletrack and contacted Mike at Dialled , about a week later it was here at half the price of a regular Alpine :D . Will be built up as a playbike big BMX trail centre thing, I've had a couple of bikes built up with the same idea but couldn't resist the Alpine at the price. Had concerns about singlespeeding such a bike but I'll see how it goes, could be a pig to cycle up and run out of steam on the way down, if it becomes unbearable I've saw one built up with an Alfine which I also like the idea of.

6802437761_05eb2d7645_b.jpg

6802433909_98b6985e0a_z.jpg

Parts wise I'll be robbing a few bits from other bikes but I think I'm settled on getting a pair of RS coil sektors and a pair of superstar hubs (ss specific rear) on a set of Sun rims I have. I fancy fitting a pair of Groovy Luv Handles too. Hoping to get some new XT brakes as well.

S'nice that, you lucky bugger. I reckon it'll ride ok as a singlespeed if you get the build right, otherwise it'll be great with an Alfine.

I'd really like a 'love/hate' but they're a bit thin on the ground.

Cheers guys :)

IWish I'm afraid its a keeper...for now anyway

yo-eddy its a 16", I ran the sizing by Mike at Dialled and he's assured me the fit will be perfect, had to ignore conventional sizing.

Few bits arrived today, a nice Thomson stem and a Superstar singlespeed hub which I'll be building onto some Sun Rhyno lites I have, I'll get a matching front when I find a fork.

Some bits and bobs,matching front hub on order.

6809526012_90911caf18_z.jpg

6955635563_4419876bfb_z.jpg

6955638529_4746d595fc_z.jpg

Think I've settled on a pair of coil Sektors with a 15mm maxle and 120mm/150mm travel.

Mmm, lurvley looking frame! If I were to build up another hardtail, it would probably be one of these!

Back