Voodoo D-jab

mike_eb

Retro Guru
This was my Christmas present to myself :)

Frame: Voodoo D-Jab
Fork: Salsa Cromoto
Headset: FSA
Stem: Easton
Handlebar: Ragley Carnegie
Brakes: Avid BB7
Brake Levers: Avid 7
Cassette: 16 tooth
Chain: Sram PC1
Cranks: Middleburn Uno
Chainrings:Middleburn 32
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN52
Pedals: Shimano LX
Rims: Stans olympic and 355
Hubs: Hope trials singlespeed rear Hope Pro II front
Tyres: Maxxlite UST
Saddle: Selle Italia flite
Seatpost: Generic 27.2

Attachments

• IMGP0049.JPG
    IMGP0049.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 1,904
Nice one indeed, makes me want to get out and ride (just back in from a night ride)

First build I've seen in a long time with negative rise Carnegie's, nice touch. Though arguably you could reach the same fit with flat or riser ones and less spacers.

Which year is the frame please? I have a 2008 in 20" and this downtube looks a good size up in diamter by comparison.

Voodoo riders unite!

To be fair I've not dialled the fit in yet, I may still further shorten the steerer and reduce the spacers. I also may or may not flip the carnegies yet, they did not actually have any riser or flats in stock when I bought them. I figured I could always remove the labels and turn them over and noone would be any wiser :D

This is an eighteen (the biggest sunflowers are seven foot +), my assumption is this is a 2011 model but could potentially be a 2010 as I sourced it over the net here.

I do note that chiringuita's voodoo has a brace by the rear disc which I do not have....

As a DJab owner I just cannot figure out the geometry.

I originally set mine up with a 440mm Salsa Cromoto fork and that felt too tall.

Currently running a set of 100mm Reba Team forks with a fair bit of sag - feels better.

I have no idea how they would ride with the "full beans" 140mm travel fork :shock:

Nice bike BTW - must get some new pics of mine :oops:

Please note that the salsa Cromoto Grande comes with the increased offset for 29ers, it will feel different to running a long 26" fork.

Enjoy!!

There are four different models:

From 1995 to 1999, was manufactured in Taiwan by A-PRO Tech.
cimg0568f.jpg

From 2005 to 2008, was manufactured in China by Hang Lu Sports, Beijing.
djab.jpg

From 2008 to 2009, was made also by Hang Lu Sports. The sliding dropouts are different and has a brace by the rear disc (this is my frame). :roll:
dsc00101w.jpg

From 2009 to today, is manufactured in Taiwan, I do not know the factory. :(
djabovalado.jpg

Cheers!!!

Back