2001 Orange 222 dh race bike

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I am stating to rebuild my Orange 222 dh bike. The frame was cracked a 2-3 places and needed som welding done... So this made me wanting to give it a full new respray and new sticker kit. I wantet to give it the Team Global Racing green/blue sticker kit that was on the worldcup in 2002 with Missy, Greg Minnarr etc... I have googled like a mad man in order to find any hints of NOS stuff from the team. But it all seem so long away...

If you have some good pictures of the stickers it could be a hear help. There is a small grafic print of the sticker kit on Dirt issue 32 (2002)... but it will propperly be too small to do anything from?

Any help or adwise on how to go on is highly appriciated!

A few global pics and A pic my frame from 2002 ridden by Danish rider Ufo. Actually the frame is his. I have just rode it the last 5-7 years on a long term loan basis... he dont want to sell :)

I am going to spec it up with a fairly historical correct spec
Hadley hubs with Tioga rims
Manitou Dorados
CK fitting
Thomson post and protaber bars
Tioga saddel (or something close)
Xtr 952 gears + cranks
MRP chaindevice (may go for slalom and not WC)´
Saint generation 1 breakes (or XT four pots)
Easton flatboys or Shimano DX flats

and hopefully the Global slickerkit :)

Attachments

• Ufo_stepdown.jpg
    Ufo_stepdown.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 3,820
  • Global racing orange.jpg
    Global racing orange.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,821
  • global racing small.jpg
    global racing small.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 3,819
some pics of the bike in the build that I have before it was stripped down for welding

Attachments

• PICT1566.JPG
    PICT1566.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,762
  • PICT1571.JPG
    PICT1571.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 3,762
  • PICT1563.JPG
    PICT1563.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 3,762
Khane":1084jmqd said:
'tis very nice, but shouldn't this be in the '98---> section ?

UPS! My bad! Ofcause it should. Can it be moved or can I delete it and make a new one?

cyfa2809":14apbx73 said:
Ooo i like it in the colours before it got welded. You look pretty fast on it!

Thanks. I do as well. It might be that it will end up like this again. It got a pearl white original finish. But use has made it flact black. It is almost impoddible to find a spot where you can see the pear effect (inside on the rear swingarm maby). It colld be resparyed this colour again and then have the main frame organge stikers and the troy lee designs racing flags on the rear swinger... these should be possible to find again.

Enid_Puceflange":1njdeq4z said:
Very cool! :cool:

I like the original colours too, any pics of the damage that needs fixed?

The damage was a crack behind the headtube where it meets the downtube (underside) and a crack where the bb shell meets the seat tube. And some hairline stuff where the shock mounts to the front frame. No real disaster. But could have worked fine with this stuff... Just thought it could be nice to give it a overhall. Will see if i can get some pics... But it is already with the welder...

Back