1998 Cinelli Capitano Nemo

d.stroy

Dirt Disciple
I've bought this bike last year in terrible conditions, it's my first mtb, then i've done every possible restoration work, but i wasn't completely satisfied with it so at the first glimpse of oil leak i bought a Kona Cinder Cone with discs to be my new bike.
The problem is that i bought this bike thinking i could mantain it like road bike, so being the top of the line Cinelli steel mtb from the 90's i thought that a complete overhaul would have been worth it; i was wrong!
in a year i barely made it look like i wanted, parts options here are a harder decision than choosing between Campy Chorus or Record, and in everyday use the bike seems just too much wear and tear.
Now i'm tryng to sell it (size is wrong too), but here in Italy the mtb market is still looking mostly to new stuff, i think i'll have to split to sell.
P1120403.JPG

P1120409.JPG

P1120428.JPG

before it was like this:
P1110726.JPG

Very interesting frame, columbus nemo tubeset and built in Italia?

John":1gh2cmf8 said:
Very interesting frame, columbus nemo tubeset and built in Italia?

Yes!
tig welded Nemo with Ritchey dropouts, derailleur cable runs internal into the seatstay, bb shell, head tube and seat tube all share the same edge reinforcement.
The bare frame weighs only 1kg 600g!

Nice looking frame :shock:
Love what you done with it as well, very nice build to :D

FST4RD":2k5tl8w3 said:
Nice looking frame :shock:
Love what you done with it as well, very nice build to :D

Thanks!
but if i'll have more space and money (and if it was the right size) i would change again a lot of things...

madonna che bella..
ci ho fatto la mia prima via dei saraceni nel 2000, non ne ho mai più vista una in giro.
Potrebbe essere la mia!

Back