(D= Deluxe C = Custom = Single Speed) = 2000 Independent Fab

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
It's been a year or two since I made a reader's ride thread, (way too long), and I've finally decided I'm going to start posting, even if I'm not ready, in hopes it will help the process. So...

Several months back, I picked up a 2000 Independent Fabrication Deluxe; it was complete, but a week later, just a frame, as I tend to take things apart far quicker than I put things together :?

Then, things went bad in my life, and it was forgotten. Till a couple weeks ago; I threw it back together, since I've disassembled most of my other bikes, none of which are anywhere near complete, and I needed to ride, and this is a SS frame, so yeah.

Just a couple shots for now, since she is strictly in throw-together mode, (though it was a blast, so I might keep it more like this than initially planned). Took her out for a hard ride tonight, and snapped a couple photos after getting home.

2000 Independent Fabrication Deluxe:
Serial Number: 684D017C (684th Deluxe built in the year 2000, 17" frame with Customization- I don't believe the customization was in geometry, but with the single speed track dropouts)

38151d60.jpg

571329d2.jpg

e3a7ae9b.jpg

743ec034.jpg

Hope to have it complete soon, with whole photos to follow :cool:

its my size ,i'll start clearing space in the garage :cool:

Really want an Indy Fab for my collection,was planning on looking for a SS deluxe this year, but went for the Grello instead.I find I'm riding Single speed more and more.

Looks great ,when you get some more pics up,be nice to see the whole bike :D what gearing are you running ?

Thank you, everyone :)
I'm going to finish it, soon, and take some photos, out on the trail.

theredchili":25uwc990 said:
its my size ,i'll start clearing space in the garage :cool:

Really want an Indy Fab for my collection,was planning on looking for a SS deluxe this year, but went for the Grello instead.I find I'm riding Single speed more and more.

Looks great ,when you get some more pics up,be nice to see the whole bike :D what gearing are you running ?

I highly recommend an Indy SS; purposefully built with the track dropouts. The bike is faster than I am, but I'm catching up. I frequently see the question, "Why single speed, blah blah blah". It's really simple, if you want to test your body/cardio, but don't have much time to work with, get out a SS to ride that trail. The only gears you have are your legs, heart, and mind.

My gearing 34tx19t; on flats I can just about max it out, spinning, but not for too long, and going uphill, it makes me work to keep a good pace. Downhills, I rest a bit, and smile, after spinning like a comic book character :LOL:
I like it, but wonder if 19x32 might be a better all around, or 17x32 better for flats. (Those two came recommended by a very experienced single speeder friend of mine, who frequents these boards), so I have some experimenting to do.

Thats interesting , I have the urge to find the perfect ratio, both mine are running 34 x18

Ps when are more pics coming ;)

theredchili":hw7da57k said:
Thats interesting , I have the urge to find the perfect ratio, both mine are running 34 x18

Ps when are more pics coming ;)

34x19 feels just about right, but I have to get my clipless pedals/shoes going with it, to know for sure. Just running platform pedals for now.

Have to buy some cycling shoes, due to my old shoes no longer fitting since I've been a minimalist runner for several months. Anyone need some mtb cycling shoes (sized 45 euro) :LOL:

Back