Ritchey Plexus 1998

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It seems that my "new" Plexus is a 1998. So I better move the subject to 1998=>

It is a 18" frame 55cm m-t and 55 m-m toptube.
1" head tube. 27,2mm seat post

When I got it it got a mix of different xtr components, a Tange rigid steel fork.

Here is some pics of how it looked when I godt it:

Attachments

• Komplet.JPG
    Komplet.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 4,517
A few more of the first pics.

Attachments

• komplet inde.JPG
    komplet inde.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,513
  • P1010993.JPG
    P1010993.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 4,512
  • P1010995.JPG
    P1010995.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 4,511
  • P1010994.JPG
    P1010994.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 4,512
I found a Sid 1999 1" dual air... not easy! Looks much better if you ask me!

Attachments

• P1020012_sid.jpg
    P1020012_sid.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,500
Henrik Djernis raced the Plexus for a short period in 2000. Here is a pic of him winning the Danish campion ship on it (second) and a pic of him in a Tissot WC round (where) riding the plexus.
It may not be the exact build that I am going after... but it is the "Djernis experince" that I wanna feel riding it ;-)

Attachments

• Henrik djernis MTB DM 2000.jpg
    Henrik djernis MTB DM 2000.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4,436
  • Henrik Djernis Ritchey Plexus.jpg
    Henrik Djernis Ritchey Plexus.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 4,438
Ritchey

First of all, congratulations for the bike, this is an absolutly fantastic frame to ride :cool:

I also have a Plexus, your frame is very similar to mine, it should be a 1998 model. About the fork, I agree with You, think it is not a Ritchey model, if You want I can send you some photos of mine (send me your email by PM).

Re: Ritchey

Nunix":1t1y8i5k said:
First of all, congratulations for the bike, this is an absolutly fantastic frame to ride :cool:

I also have a Plexus, your frame is very similar to mine, it should be a 1998 model. About the fork, I agree with You, think it is not a Ritchey model, if You want I can send you some photos of mine (send me your email by PM).

Thanks for the props! I have not ridden it jet due to injery... but love to get out at try it!

What size are your frame? I am wondering if it is only the smaller sizes of the older plexus' that have the seat binder bolt on the front of the seattube...

Will be back on the rigid fork thing... it says Tange on the drop outs, so cant really be a Ritchey. Will send some pics
Jakob

My frame size is 17", it also has the front bolt to the seatpost. It is great to ride :LOL:

Nunix":1shl7kqg said:
My frame size is 17", it also has the front bolt to the seatpost. It is great to ride :LOL:

Cant wait! My old hero Henrik Djerns rode it when I was trying hard to work up the ranks in the mtb sports classes. He told me that it was the best bike he had ridden... One might also say that he was a ritchey man and newer really liked the bikes he got from proflex, american eagle etc...

Please post some pics of yours. I am still a little unasure how mine is going to end up. Need some inspiration! At the moment I am getting a xtr m960 series for it and some silver parts (mostly syncros).

Back