2000 Kona Roast

Buzzsaw

Retro Guru
Recently got this 2000 Kona Roast (complete with poo brown paint job) on Ebay and built it up as a muck around bike with parts laying around. Bike still needs brakes (maybe V's) and cut down the steerer tube down with higher rise bars. Cheapo build.

Attachments

• Kona Roast.jpg
    Kona Roast.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 4,184
  • Kona Roast2.jpg
    Kona Roast2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 4,184
yeah looks tough... you'll be binning that DMR "tensioner" though :LOL: sorry, just a personal hate of mine, bike deserves better IMO

Ta for the input everyone. Some Avid V brakes are on order and in agreement with too many spacers on the steerer. Looks abit naff and steers abit vague so will be chopping it down once I get some higher rise bars.

Thats the first brown bike that I have ever seen on Retrobike! :cool: Looks like you could have some serious fun on that without fear of bending it!

Thanks - Kona's had pretty mad paint schemes around the 90's and early 00's and they look fresh now even after all these years gone by (poo colored included!). The Roast is a buzz to ride and pretty solid.

Roast Update

Added some Avid V brakes to the rear and have replaced the cheapo Marzocchi forks with older version of DMR Trailblade jump forks. Still waiting for some higher rise Tioga bars and replace front wheel and larger profile tyre and all should be done. Fun to ride like a oversized BMX.

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 3,875
  • roast.jpg
    roast.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 3,876
Finished bike

Finally finished the bike with parts. Added a matching WTB Dual Duty FR/ Ringle hub wheel with wider 2.3 Tioga Psycho tire and 60mm rise Tioga bars. Tried to keep the look clean.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 3,787
  • update4.jpg
    update4.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3,786
  • update6.jpg
    update6.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 3,786
Back