Singular Pegasus, rigid Ti 29er singlespeed

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Winter pictures added 10 Feb 2013

p4pb9194882.jpg

Not looking for new SS frame but came across this Pegasus last year, what to do? Went for it and took my time collecting the parts, plus fitted some bits I had stashed apparently waiting for this to come along. Not quite fimished but could not resist snapping a few picyures in the dying light this afternoon, so here goes

Pegasus_003.jpg

Frame: Singular Pegasus Ti in XL
Forks: Salsa Cromoto Grande in a King headset
Wheels: Industry 9 Singlespeed onto Arch rims
Tires: Nobby Nic rear and Rampage front, both 2.35
Brakes: Formula R1 polished, F 183mm, A 160mm Hope discs
Drive: White Bros ENO, Boone Ti 38t en Surly 20t, 1/8 chain
Seating: Moots Ti setback, Fizik Tundra
Cockpit: Thomson X4 100mm 10° flipped, Jones Ti H-bar ESI Chunky's
Extra's: USE seat clamp, Salsa wheel QRs, Middleburn valve caps
silver Ringle H2O "there can be only one"

Like I said, could not resist :D

Pegasus_010.jpg

I was still well chuffed with my Curtlo SS with the \royce wheels, but gradually formed a plan around SS specific wheels. Found this set of I9's on ebay.uk, nice chap handed them over to me in Nijmegen Holland, what a wonderful world. they sure look the opart I wonder how they will perform on the trail.

Pegasus_004.jpg

Pegasus_009.jpg

Pegasus_005.jpg

No ride yet, first off-road miles sometime late night this week. Here's one more:

Pegasus_001.jpg

Enjoy!!

God I hate 29'ers... Like a 10 year old riding dad's mountain bike :LOL:

But this one I actually like! Not a fan of the handlebars, but each to their own, like the forks though :D

Very tasteful. Liking the hints of green. Not a make of bike I've heard of before, are they big on the continent? Not sure about the bars either but, I guess like all Dutchies, you are 6' 6" (2m+ in Euroman speak) :) ?

Thanks guys,

I'm well pleased with the result so far. need to shorten the rear brake line and tidy up a few more things, can't wait to get on the trails.

Re the forks, you did notice them then .... :cool:

Re the handlebars, I didn't know about them too at first, so I tried one. Gave it a real test on proper trails and now I own 4 "alt-bars" of 3 different types. Expand your horizon.

Re sizing, I am 6'2" in old money and it fits me just fine

And Singular are British last time I checked, though Sam the owner is Australian IIRC. Super nice bloke, stands by his product too.

Enjoy!!

Best looking pegasus I've saw, fantastic build and spec :cool: The forks and saddle are a really nice accent, very hard to add olour to titanium but you've nailed it :D If it was mine I'd go for some ti groovy luv handles but thats it.

Back