Surly Moonlander

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ordered one way back in september as soon as they were announced by surly :cool:

i had only just ordered the pugsley the week before (that came in october) when this was leaked, i almost cancelled the pug........

frames were released in november, complete bikes a couple of weeks ago, mine will be one of a few rare ones coming to the UK, theres a shortage in parts, mainly the 100mm rims so complete bikes were giving priority.

due this month or january.........heres a few pics off the net.

6077012877_bf97f4d53f_b.jpg

quite a size difference compared with current pugsley...

download.jpg

moonlander2.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

sparkly paint.......

IMG_6232.jpg

thumbshifters are back......

m3.jpg

I got to admit after seeing a fat front tyre set-up for the first time the other month I am pretty fascinated by the concept

They look mad as!!! :cool:

I got to admit after seeing a fat front tyre set-up for the first time the other month I am pretty fascinated by the concept

They look mad as!!! :cool:

main difference is the 100mm clownshoe rims and larger offset frame, to enable the new 4.7'' tires (big fat larry) that are the next step up from the 3.8 larrys and 65mm large marge rims.

you also lose a chainring, the mr whirly offset double crank enables a full cassette at the rear however ;)

microshift thumbies enable swift and easy shifting even with thick gloves, a welcome upgrade.

already bought a few things for it, including spare tube, nukeproof flats, carbon cage and endura chainstay protector, along with a crud guard......though its only 4'' wide so mud and spray will still get past a little

:LOL: :oops:

IMG_1936.jpg

tubes are big enough...

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

Need one of these for out quake ravaged streets :LOL:
Would be so comfortable to ride through the holes in the road, the big lumps and bumps etc :D

Nice bikes, extremely over the top, but I like that :cool:

Holy cow, that is fat! :shock:
Looks like a cartoon bike, which I guess is part of the attraction.
liking the moonlander script. Almost makes it a retro bike :LOL:

Don't think I could ever justify the cost of one of these, but would love to have a day out on one. :D

i have to admit i have never rode any other bike since my pugsley arrived, its been used for the local tracks, pavements, shopping trips into town, commuting and some cracking days down the beach and canals and watersides around the lake district.

i have grown tired of the 'f~cking size of those tires' comments and being stopped for talks everywhere i go though :oops: even on quiet bimbles the attention it gets is unreal, never experienced anything like it........even bike shops have there staff riding it and looking it over.

bloody good fun :cool: :D i love fatbikes.

the moonlander will do allsorts next year, though the pugsley will be loaned out to anyone who fancies it.

be interesting to hear comparisons. i get the whole fat thing but am interested to see why they made an even fatter fatty.

Latest posts

Back