The mongrel

apache

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The Heinz 57 bike I built from old bits and bobs given to me / found for the nipper to crash into kerbs on.

If you look closely you'll see something that looks like a Rockshox logo on the forks - it actually says NOTSHOX :D

DSCF2012-1-1.jpg

Looking at the pic, it does doesn't it?

I think they're the original cranks too (with the riveted steel rings ground off and an alloy one bolted on!)

Just remembered I'll be stealing those pedals back (approx 18 year old XTs) for my Proflex build :LOL:

With that low BB and the head angle looks like you could fit some Monsters, Boxxers etc and still have nice tight XC geometry :LOL:

I seem to recall the frame is a cheapo Halfords one which had sat in a garden for years and was 100% rust when I set to it with the sander! :D

I think it cost me about £25 to build. Used an old cassette and some alu tube to make a single speed sprocket. The only stuff I bought were paint, cables and grips. Everything else was recycled.

apache":asuypqrx said:
I seem to recall the frame is a cheapo Halfords one which had sat in a garden for years and was 100% rust when I set to it with the sander! :D

I think it cost me about £25 to build. Used an old cassette and some alu tube to make a single speed sprocket. The only stuff I bought were paint, cables and grips. Everything else was recycled.

That's a great effort! Love to hear stories like this.

Back