Sequential gearing Di2 Klein

Yeah how?!

Chainline out? Front mech not setup properly?

Or is it supposed to be like that?

cyfa2809":2ji1eg8a said:
Yeah how?!

Chainline out? Front mech not setup properly?

Or is it supposed to be like that?

Im not sure what has happened i think i have crossed a wire when i was putting the wires into the frame. i rode it and it feels strange in the fact that you are in first gear and then because you drop to second gear or or fourth or fith the system thinks ok you must be wanting to go faster so it puts the chain up on the big ring at the front and it will not release the chain from the big ring at the front until you shift back up to first gear or shift the trigger to send it back up the cassette.

I think what is happening is that due to the fact that the front mech can only move 2 shifts so when you go from 1st gear the press of the trigger one click sends the message to the front mech to move up and then if you go down the cassette by clicking again the message is still sent to the front mech to move in the same direction again but it can't due to the stops so it stays where it is and so the process is repeated all the way down the cassette. now when you then press the trigger to go back up the cassette a message is sent to the front mech to say go to bottom chain ring and then when you press to go up the cassette again the message is sent again to the front mech to shift down again but the front mech can't due to the stops. so of course this message is repeated as you keep pressing the trigger to go up the cassette.

basically one trigger is acting for both front and rear but the mechs can only go as far as the stops. the ride is strange but efficient

thanks andy

Loving the video :cool:

All sounds a bit like these guys have been at your flight control:

skynet.jpg

I would be very worried if you wake up one morning and see this:

terminator-arm.jpg

I think the machines are taking over.

Time for the foil hat.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Back