1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this Frame and pace fork off ebay this week. its a late 90's santa cruz heckler, 97/98 poss.... going to build it up mostly with bits left from my xizang (http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167498&start=15)

comments welcome

cheers

p4pb7264356.jpg

p4pb7264351.jpg

p4pb7264355.jpg

p4pb7264352.jpg

p4pb7264354.jpg

mmmmm, i always used to want a Heckler. that one looks to be in remarkable condition too.

I wouldnt know what to put on it, I can spend a lifetime changing my mind! but some black Thompson/Syncros finshing kit would look quite tidy :cool:

Whatleymeister":ppjqih9j said:
mmmmm, i always used to want a Heckler. that one looks to be in remarkable condition too.

I wouldnt know what to put on it, I can spend a lifetime changing my mind! but some black Thompson/Syncros finshing kit would look quite tidy :cool:

The frame is practically immaculate, minus a couple stone chips
i have begun putting odd parts on it.... ive got some syncros bits for sale on the forum at the moment. they wouldnt have look right anyway, the xc forks look horribly out of place as well but i'm sure as i swap bits around i'll find a setup i like eventually :cool:

That is lovely mate, and a great price.

Is it definately a 16" like in the listing - looks a little bigger to my untrained eyes.

coomber":3ofen5kh said:
That is lovely mate, and a great price.

Is it definately a 16" like in the listing - looks a little bigger to my untrained eyes.

its an 18" i didnt expect the listing to be spot on as the seller was selling on behalf of a relitive. however the top tube is very short so it does feel smaller

coomber":2kqung4i said:
Fair enough.

V's, maguras or discs?

its having the XTRm950 v's off my xizang. such powerful brakes and i have the sti's to match so it wouldnt make too much sense to change them :D

Loving the polished finish.

Check the serial number, first two numbers are the year on my Tazmons.
I'd think it is later than 98 because of the disc mounts.

Back