2011 Surly Pugsley Fat Bike

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:LOL: yes i know i have already had a fat bike........but i never had it enough to appreciate it fully.

been keen on getting another within months of getting rid of my salsa mukluk.

ordered this back in august and it has only just arrived today!

also have a surly moonlander paid for and ordered with a january delivery date, so this will see the first snows of the winter, and will be my beach bike too.

looking forward to riding this.

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

offset rims anyone!

IMG_1672.jpg

this was in the box too, any idea what it is? has a solid end to it.

IMG_1670.jpg

I'm loving these fat/snow bikes that are around just now - never ridden one and can't justify getting one either, even if we do get enough snow here. They just look so... fun :D

not just for snow, sand and also xc riding is fun with these, infact anywhere where a normal bike would struggle, these make there own tracks!

get a go on one you will see :cool:

Nice one Salty :D I'm also fat curious, will need to see what the on one offereing is like especially if it comes under £1K. Moonlander looks the bawz an aw :cool:

expect a few new brands soon bud, theres lots of interest in them these past couple of years, since salsa started last year, a few more are now rushing bikes out!

new bikes, new fat tires too, as more are becoming curious of them.

the moonlander is the nuts mind......shame i have to wait another 3 month :cry:

I'm not into the fat bikes and struggle to get my head round the looks.

But for some reason the huge tyres amuse me and make me grin.

Is the red thing maybe a plug for the bottom of the steerer to stop muck getting up it? Push it in and turn the bolt left instead of right to expand?

by sheer curiosity
how heavy is the full bike and each wheel ?
I love the look but if there is no swow or sand around, is it worth the supplementary weight ?
I suppose the comfort thanks to appropriate tyre pressure can be substantially improved compared to a rigid mtb with regular 2.0 or 2.1 tyres ?

so xc can actually be done rather than cruising ?

Back