(Girl) Friends reunited!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, it started out as a chance encounter with an ex at a friends wedding a few weeks back (there was actually two ex's there....an awkward night!).
While talking, and trying to ignore the stare of her current fella burning into me, she mentioned that she still had the bike I bought for her years ago and that it was rusting away in a bike shed.
She asked if I'd like it back so I of course said yes. I collected it yesterday....

CIMG1450.jpg

CIMG1449.jpg

She was in a sorry state (and the ex wasn't much better!) but I could see there was a nice light frame underneath all the rubbish, so I got to work stripping all of the rusty old crap off...

CIMG1457.jpg

CIMG1451.jpg

CIMG1452.jpg

CIMG1451-1.jpg

A good clean and the frame was looking much better. I love the metallic orange paint, and it came up a treat after cleaning...

CIMG1458.jpg

CIMG1459.jpg

CIMG1460.jpg

I've been thinking of buying or building something to use as a winter-proof bike that can handle the sand/mud/salt combination that's my local winter trails so I'm thinking of going down the Alfine road with this frame.
Will update once I've decided what to do with it :D

Nice recovery mate.

Nice colour frame. Light weight wise or about average do you reckon?

I have absolutely nothing to base the weight of the naked frame on as I've only ever held steel frames before :oops:
It certainly feels lighter than my 853 Rock Lobster did though, but without having them both here its hard to say for sure.
I'll be seeking advice on the Alfine option on here soon ;)

Back