2009 Yeti ARC

ratbane

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
First stab here. Any thoughts on the look with riser bars? I'm pondering some flat XC bars?

Wheels will eventually be Crossmax. Full 3x9 XT group. USE Ti post. CK Headset, and Syntace stem. 100mm REBAs.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 996
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 996
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 996
I do like a good looking YETi and have always wanted one but I think your bike need a splash of color to brighten it up, the seat post is ugly. For me looks always come second anyhow.

Yeti

getin":3jiyr8q5 said:
I do like a good looking YETi and have always wanted one but I think your bike need a splash of color to brighten it up, the seat post is ugly. For me looks always come second anyhow.

Yep. I don't like the post. Gonna swap for a black carbon jobbie. Lack of colour?? - she's 50% turquoise!! :LOL:

The risers look ok. Maybe flat bar and bar ends for the classic xc look.

Have you considered Thompson bar and stem?

Have you ridden it yet? They ride very nicely

clockd":hit99vp1 said:
The risers look ok. Maybe flat bar and bar ends for the classic xc look.

Have you considered Thompson bar and stem?

Have you ridden it yet? They ride very nicely

I'm leaning towards the flat bar route TBH. All my spares are riser, and I don't have a carbon seatpost which suits.

More fettling tonight.

Not ridden her yet. I'm looking forward to it. Bit concerned about the aluminium stiffness, as I'vre always ridden steel and Ti.

I reckon flat bars are a good option too. These have traditionally been race bikes.

I just built my one last week and rode it on friday. They aren't too racey, I was expecting a reeeeaallly sharp steering but it's not bad at all.

The stiffness of aluminum frames isn't that bad, you do have fat tyres on it to take the jarring

I reckon flat bars are a good option too. These have traditionally been race bikes.

I just built my one last week and rode it on friday. They aren't too racey, I was expecting a reeeeaallly sharp steering but it's not bad at all.

The stiffness of aluminum frames isn't that bad, you do have fat tyres on it to take the jarring

Back