2005 Turner 5 Spot - Finished update Pg. 3

Alex Creasey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, having done a grand total of 34.9 miles on my Clark Kent Ti since building it :(, it seemed a bit of a crime to let such a lovely frame not get used so, the descision came to sell the frame (it's provisionally going to a forum member who likes their Ti's ;)) and replace with something that will get ridden and have a bit of fun with..... Enter a 2005 Turner 5 Spot:

DSC06399.jpg

Most parts from the CK will be donored over with a few additions so should have this built and ready to ride within a few weeks :cool:

The CK was relatively light spec so for the time being all the carbon lovliness will be used on this... I'm only light so very unlikey to stress anything too much when having a bit of fun :p

The Spot will warp your idea of what is "fun", I'd get some sturdy wheels for it.

And mind you, that's looking very nice for a 6y old rig.

Enjoy!!

Lol.. I'm looking forward to riding it for sure :cool:. At the moment I've got Hope Pro II's on 717's so a sturdy XC set up.... Should be okay for me I reckon. Just picked up a set of RS RLT Ti forks which should work nicely to with 150mm of travel :D.

The frames in good nick for it's age. Was going to get it resprayed but spent the last few evenings wet sanding it and polishing and with a new set of decals it's starting to look alot better.

Cheers.

Alex Creasey":2szu0pxb said:
Just picked up a set of RS RLT Ti forks which should work nicely to with 150mm of travel :D.

150mm may be a little long as the frame is designed around a 5" fork.

andrewl":3f83ojj9 said:
Alex Creasey":3f83ojj9 said:
Just picked up a set of RS RLT Ti forks which should work nicely to with 150mm of travel :D.

150mm may be a little long as the frame is designed around a 5" fork.

I did originally think that but apparently it's okay... The forks have the 2 stage air height adjustment so they'll come down to 5" at a click of the dial.

little update....

Red decals will be going on but also a set of silvers as backup's:

DSC06405.jpg

The frame having had a light polish and a bit of a tidy:

DSC06402.jpg

DSC06403.jpg

And on it's wheels... Now just need to throw the rest of the bits at it and hopefully have it finished in the next week or two:

DSC06407.jpg

Cheers :cool:

Back