Breezer Lightning,

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Here's a project I've been quietly putting together as a rider to take over from my 1990 Stumpjumper. The Stumpy needs a good refreshing of bearings, gears and cables after a year of regular riding.

I was always attracted to Breezers, but would you believe this is a a 21st century frame?

wheelsforsale_028.jpg

wheelsforsale_032.jpg

wheelsforsale_031.jpg

The brakes are probably too nice for a rider, but they sure look good on the pictures here! (If it weren't for the short outer cable that is, I'll channge it)

Enjoy!!

One more for the road, in a differrent light setting:

wheelsforsale_013.jpg

Lovely, I always liked Breezers.
The Avid brakes are good - the grease port is a good idea (so long as you've got a fine enough nozzle).

Thanks guys, can hardly wait until I get to ride it but I have other duties, one more project to finish and 4 days before we leave for the summer holidays....

@ Piers, what grease ports, I didn'tknow it had any, are they on the pivot bushings?

@ xced, the PO says he bought the frame in 2000, so not newer than that is what I know.

Enjoy!!

Hi, grease ports on outside of pivot - v small, countersunk hole. The brake runs on stainless bushing held in place by the pivot bolt and the square-ish spring tension adjusters. You can see em in one of the pix.
There is a manual for the Avid Tri-align cantis on RetroBike. I could upload my V beake version if necessary (currently on hol in SW).

Back