Gt Idrive 6.0

Baggyman

Dirt Disciple
I bought this a few months ago with an eye to do it up. It is standard spec in this picture.
PICT2591.jpg
[/img]
Since this picture was taken I have replaced the suntour forks with rockshox recons silver TK, the alex y2000 wheelset with shimano mt15 disc wheelset with a deore 9 speed sproket with panaracers fire xc tyres, the entery level shimano groupset has been replaced with deore xt front & rear mech with deore xt shifters. Next on my shopping list is a deore xt chainset to replace the suntour 1 and some hydraulic dics brakes, most likely 2011 deore as I have been running these brakes on my merlin malt 1 with no problems.

Yeh, the rear shock is the final part on my shopping list. Not sure what to replace it with thhough. If anyone has any suggestion it will be appreciated. With sizing that I need to get the unit in!!!

165x38mm

The other models were stocked with fox vanilla and rock shox sid shocks
so something along those lines
maybe a dt swiss if you can afford it
Whatever takes your fancy really, id say air to keep weight down unless you prefer feel of coil
There are many many shocks available in that size

Looking good :D

My I Drive runs a Fox RP3 and it works nice

TBH most good branded air shocks are going to be better than the one that's on there at the moment

Its been quiet a few months since I updated this, since the last time I posted I have replaced the stock Gt 110mm stem with a short 70mm superstar stem. A pair of shimano m750 xt shifters have been fitted. Most recently a set of shinamo 2010/11 deore brakes with slx splined disc. Next up is to replace the original bottom bracket and crank with a shimnao bottom bracket and a m750 xt crank. Once that is done the new chain can be fitted and the gears set up and shorten the brake hoses, then I can final rider it, while looking out for a replacement rear shock.
PICT2865.jpg
url]
  • [/img]

IMG-20120514-00073.jpg

Updated picture of my Gt idrive 6
Bike is set up and running, just need to look into replace rear shock when funds allow.

Back