yeti arc reborn.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i thought i would post a pic of my yeti in its new form, i have wanted to give this single speed thing a go so since building up my litespeed and failing to sell the yeti ( good thing too ) decided to rebuild it. nearly complete apart from the front brake mount and some pedals.
will post another pic when the build is complete. any feedback positive or negative welcome, but make it constructive critisism.

Attachments

• IMG_4222.JPG
    IMG_4222.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,069
My first thoughts were not good, but then I realized how you built it. With more travel up front I think it would be a great hardcore trail weapon, what cranks are they?

looks good. nice tensioner, but you could probably loose about 3-4 links of the chain. also purely for looks, the rear disc is way too big.

thanks for the comments so far, the cranks are ac, i bought them off ebay from a fellow retro biker, not taken it off road yet so not sure how the 34/18 gear ratio will work. and yes i agree the rear disc does look too big. i found a set of richey spd's in my shed which i'll try. and i'll take some links out of the chain.

the distance from the top jockey to the sprocket should only be about 3mm so you get a decent chain wrap. too little wrap and the chain may skip under load.

just finished.

just finished the build, the front mount i got was wrong but i've adapted it so i can at least use it for now, until i get the right mount. but it turns out the front disc is a little warped, tried making it straight, but not worked, does anyone know if discs can be straightened or should i just order a new one ? or does anyone have a spare 203mm hope m4 disc ?

Attachments

• IMG_4224.JPG
    IMG_4224.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_4225.JPG
    IMG_4225.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 987
Looks great

Rear disc is a tad too large, 160mm would do on an XC/light AM bike

Looks great!

You could put the rear disk on the front, lose the rear +20 adaptor then put a smaller disk on the back. Will probably be a better balance and slightly cheaper than replacing the front disk!

videojetman":qloj7x1i said:
not taken it off road yet so not sure how the 34/18 gear ratio will work. and yes i agree the rear disc does look too big

It all depends on your off-road - if there are no sustained climbs or it's not too technical then it may work ok (or if, unlike me, you're young and brutally strong) but if there's lots of long steep stuff (and presumably there is, going by the disc sizes) then you'd be better going to a 19 or 20T sprocket.

Better to be able to clean all the climbs and technical stuff, even if you have to spin like crazy on the flats ;)

Latest posts

Back