Univega ram 930 with a modern twist

garyalanlane

Retro Newbie
I posted this in the wrong forum so here goes, hopefully in the correct one this time. This is my 1998 Univega Ram 930 although it has been through a few changes in the twelve years I've owned it, including a custom made hollow bearing for lightness and custom printed graphics and powder coat. I've rode many modern multi linkage bikes but always use this one as my everyday bike. Every four or five years I sell on the parts and update the frame with new kit. In it's latest inclination it has full sram X0 redwin gears, carbon Truvativ Noir crank, Fox F120 folks with 15mm through axle, Fox RP23 rear shock with pro pedal, Mavic Crossride wheels dressed in Continental X King 2.2 tyres. Hope original Mini brakes running 203 and 180 Alligator discs and Hope ceramic BB, FSA orbit headset and carbon seat post with a Charge saddle, Hylix carbon handlebars, KCNC stem, grips, titanium skewers and seat post clamp, headset cap and valve covers, Ming Shiju pedals and Jagwire gear cable sets. All in all it makes for a light weight (just shy of 26lbs) strong competent trials bike and always grabs peoples attention because it's unlikely they've seen a Univega Ram before let alone one like mine

Attachments

• garybike2.jpg
    garybike2.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 1,005
  • garybike1.jpg
    garybike1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,005
  • garybike3.jpg
    garybike3.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,004
  • garybike4.jpg
    garybike4.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,005
bladdy 'ell boss :shock:

makes people jealous :LOL:

can i ask, is that pivot assembly the custom parts you talk of? i need similar parts see
(well actually the same to an extent, the pviot and stays are the same as used on club roost dh:cool:

Back