Intense Tazer FS 1999 – Finished!!!! Pics on page 5

beepbeep

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After retiring my UZZI SLX (way too much for an XC rig) I'd been looking for another Intense, an early M1 or Spyder perhaps. As usual ebay showed me the light, I found shock-less Tazer with a good BIN price. The paint is in great condition, but it had a couple of cracks in both the stays and main frame, which I had fixed.
Searched for a 165mm shock, but instead found another cheap Tazer beater frame. The cracked stays on that are beyond repair but the main frame is sound and one of the very first (stamped 98 I think). So I'm in the process of sorting out the seized crap and stripping the multiple layers of paint off the beater main frame to mate to the ebay stays... Still with me? :LOL:

I have a little surprise waiting too :p, it's gonna be an 'interesting' build...

Here are the stays and seized/bent bolt on the shock link (had to cut the bushings to remove the shock) from the beater frame. More pics/story to follow.

Attachments

• Link2.jpg
    Link2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,743
  • Link1.jpg
    Link1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,742
  • Stays.jpg
    Stays.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3,744
Cool . The mentalist in me sees that rear end and thinks of the evenings spent polishing it to fook :D

perry":2idwag6j said:
Cool . The mentalist in me sees that rear end and thinks of the evenings spent polishing it to fook :D

:LOL: know what you mean! I've actually been there (twice!) with a couple of Amp rears...

Here's how the progress is going regarding the paint-stripping.
The frame had been painted a dark blue/purple by someone, which came off with no problem. The primer under that is proving to be a bit more resilient, but under the primer, the original Intense royal blue is a no-brainer thankfully.

One more treatment left I hope... ;)

Attachments

• Stripping.jpg
    Stripping.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,653
Registered interest, looks like an interesting story, a fair amount if work and a sweet frame once complete. Love these bikes, never saw one in the flesh though.

superstu":1njkig2k said:
Love these bikes, never saw one in the flesh though.

I was quite surprised how small they actually are when I got it. My first monocoque frame too - makes a cool noise when you're riding! :D

Back