Scapin Rudolf X Hardtail

calvjones

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
On ebay order is a Ritchey WCS Pro Lite flat bar plus 3T mutant stem that will get me to about 25lb all in.

Crap photo sorry :D

Attachments

• ScapinRudpolf.jpg
    ScapinRudpolf.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 1,961
I can't help but think that frame deserves better forks.
I'd imagine they're holding it back big time. :cry:

Bombers are about 75-80mm as far as I can tell.

They're only temporary really. I've scored a pair of Magura Menja 85s (with V brake mounts of course) from fleabay but a seal looks displaced so going to have them serviced before I put them on.

Unfortunately they're white :roll:

As to how far it's being held back (over and above my own uselessness) - I'll tell you when I've ridden it :D

Get the Menjas on there! Excellent forks!
Servicing them is a piece of cake, and the wiper seals can be replaced with 32 mm Fox ones from Mojo for £15. ;)
Menjas always have leaky seals unless uprated to Fox. Magura argue that while they're leaking, they have oil in there... When they stop leaking, they're dry and need servicing. :roll: The rest of the fork is top rate , super stiff, perfectly damped , and will help you get the best out of that lovely frame

Cheers sub - if that's the case & they all leak I'll just order some brake lugs and get them on to see how they go.

Will take me a while to work out the permutations of adjustment, coming from a fork which ha one valve per leg and that's it!

Start off with one psi per kg of body weight, and full rebound less 4 clicks.
They're a lot easier to set up than old Marzocchis! ;)

calvjones":1i6zvomo said:
I can't believe no-ones taken that Scapin from you for £75 :shock:
I know. :roll:
There's a lot of sheep on here. (Mint Sauce anyone?) If it doesn't say Kona or FatChance on the downtube...

Where did you find Rudolph? I've been looking for one, or a Nope, for a while.

Back