Raleigh RSP 600 1999

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
This is my Raleigh RSP 600, its a 1999 bike. I bought it from a guy who worked for Raleigh who had built up the frame with the parts that are on it now. I'm pretty sure all the parts are 1999 vintage, but a few might be from 2000 :D

I've owned the bike for about four years now and in that time I've ridden it twice, I feel guilty about this, but My other bikes (1998 Lavadome, 1998 Explosif and 2007 FSR Comp) are the ones I usually ride.

I originally saw one in the flesh (or titanium) at Bike '99 and fell in love, sadly I couldn't afford a £3000 bike when I was 16 and so swore to myself I'd buy one when I could afford it. This is the first and only one I've ever seen come up for sale on Ebay. I absolutely love the frame colour and much that I'd like the build on the catalogue bike (full XTR, discs etc) I really love the Rond forks.

I hope you like the pics and I'd welcome any comments positive or negative :D

Attachments

• 367.JPG
    367.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 3,370
  • 369.JPG
    369.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 3,371
  • 371.JPG
    371.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 3,370
  • 373.JPG
    373.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,370
lovely paintjob
looks almost new! :shock: (ride it!!)

im drawn to the seatclamp :LOL: goes very well

Thanks for the comments guys, I really should ride it but it's so nice and my other bikes are so much scruffier that I always feel guilty for taking it out!

This is the complete spec list, I'll try and get some other pics up tomorrow.

Raleigh Special Products 18" Timet titanium frame.
Full Shimano LX groupset including hubs.
Kalloy seat post.
Rond headset.
Azonic shortie stem.
Unbranded flat bar, I was told it was titanium by the person I bought it off, but I don't know how I'd prove this.
Magura Rond Quake Sport 105 forks.
Wellgo V8 copies.
Maxxis Calibas tyres.
Zac 19 rims.

It's a bit of a mish-mash but I'm happy with how it looks, I wouldn't mind getting a set of 1999 disc brakes and a lighter wheel set, but I'll just keep my eyes out and see what turns up.

Such a lovely bike! I always wanted one of them (would go well with my dho). How heavy is she? If you like I have a rsp catalogue from that era and I could send or post you a scan/pic of the page with this model on (am sure its the same year as this one). Anyways, a lovely bike, well done.

Safe trails.

Jimmylad, thanks for the comments, The frame colour is probably my all time favourite on any frame, except for perhaps the forest green on the 1998 Lavadome and 1999 Hahannah (or however it's spelt). If you've got a copy of the 1999 catalogue, I'd love to see the spec list of the bike as I'm seriously considering building it up to original. I used to have a catalogue but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for the comments guys. You'll be glad to know the bell is now gone, the bike's currently in a state of undress as I'm attempting a very long term project to get it back to stock, or as well as I can anyway.

Latest posts

Back