pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Following on from this thread:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150051

I thought I best throw some pics of my two Sevens. First up is the MTB; this was custom built for me back in 2006 and quickly became a 'project titanium' with as many ti bits as was possible. Ti spokes, bolts, chain, saddle - there wasn't a thing that coud be ti that wasn't! But it was soon apparent that some things are better not made of ti, like the shell of the saddle or ti cranks on a ti bottom bracket. So I took a more sensible approach and replaced a few key parts with more sensible things. Being a retro-chap I felt that there were a few opportunities for 'retroising' with choice retro parts.

SNC14731.jpg

SNC14732.jpg

SNC14733.jpg

SNC14729.jpg

SNC14730.jpg

Next up is the Roadie. This was bought off ebay from a lady who used it when she traveled from her home in the US to her vineyards in Europe. It was a perfect fit and size for me and as S&S bikes are so rare I just had to have it. I then built it up as any mtber should, with MTB makers parts all over the place:

SNC14734.jpg

SNC14736.jpg

SNC14737.jpg

(rare pro only campag record 'red')

Both bikes were built with the same makers parts, partly because it looks good but mainly because these are companies that I trust. Seven, Hope, Moots, Black Sheep, DeKerf, Bullseye, Speedplay, Selle SMP (on my Surgeons advice!)..

SNC14751.jpg

SNC14750.jpg

Great thing is no matter what you do to a titanium bike you just wash it down and rub a scotchbrite pad over it and its like new!

Next up I will share my retro, all titanium commuter bike!

Back