It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2- Finished

any123

Retrobike Rider
This is my new project and if it goes wrong then i would have spent a lot of money on nothing. I am shimano Di2 this bike but electronics can be a night mare. Wish me luck

web.jpg

web.jpg

thanks andy

Re: It will be the only one in the world Merlin Di2

any123":1lg5kprt said:
shimano Di2 this bike but electronics can be a night mare. Wish me luck

Actually not a nightmare apart from it takes big balls to make the necessary modifications to the shifters and can manage without a bigger top sprocket than 27T.

Fudd":hsdceyf8 said:
Interesting..... And a very nice spec so far :cool: . What are the plans for the shifters?

the shifters are going to be the nightmare but what i am doing is taking apart 2 flight decks and using the rubber buttons from them to do the shifting.

i am using a 28 tooth dura ace block, and a 2 ring xtr chainset. Most of the parts are here now just waiting on cables and front mech.

thanks andy

After much travelling of the country my di2 is here and all the parts are ready to go on just waiting for satalite shifters.

i am scared of this build due to the fact that each peice was so expensive, i mean the front mech was 468 pound alone, but it will be all worth it once the build is finished, more to follow...

thanks andy

any123":25sy7qqs said:
After much travelling of the country my di2 is here and all the parts are ready to go on just waiting for satalite shifters.

i am scared of this build due to the fact that each peice was so expensive, i mean the front mech was 468 pound alone, but it will be all worth it once the build is finished, more to follow...

thanks andy

Andy - sorry to pull you up on your typing but you just mentioned you spent £468 on the front mech......

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back