new here- anyone else riding a rigid 'jump bike'?

dez

Dirt Disciple
sorry if theres a thread for these, im new here.
i had a look around and couldnt see anything.

im a kinda born-again rider, used to ride a lot about 10 years ago, when jump bikes were just really coming out.

i had a 'hardcore' :oops:, i snapped that, and the RST hi-5s on it, and then planet X jack flash, snapped that, and the XT cranks and blew up the Z1 drop-offs on it, then a 2nd generation azonic DS1, snapped that, two sets of DMR chieftain cranks, and blew up the Z1 bams on it, then after that i built up a custom made gack speed demon with dirt jumper 1s, bolt through, and mostly bmx compents, and 7 years later ive still got it cos i more or less gave up riding cos my knees and back were knackered!!
so kinda dropped out of things, but im now getting back into it, and am shocked at how much the techology has come on in bikes these days.

but ive kept it simple this time, in an attempt to stop me doing silly things like jumping off garage roofs and 30ft doubles, cos i know id only injure myself trying it these days.

so ive got a 24seven V24, rigid charge nozzle forks, 24" wheels, original 24seven on the front and a atomlamp pimp on the rear, running slick/semi slick tyres. it needs a few things changing as im not totally happy with the spec, but it was too damn cheap to pass up!
this time around its about being smooth and precise, not hucking off big drops. ;)

pic of my bike-
DSCF2767.jpg

and if i can get the scanner to work ile stick up some of my old ones.

Just building up my old RSP frame with rigid jump forks and 24" wheels, going ss to keep it simple and then aim to use it occasionally when I take the kids to the 4x track... don't tend to jump or drop half of what I used to attempt!

Nice, if you build your trails properly (smooth) and you can ride them on a BMX there's no need for suspension :D

Back