Vicious Cycles Monolith

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
I was very surprised no one fancied this:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=monolith

So , after a bit of haggling it was winging it's way to Sunny (Da Truth!)Surrey.
I had to go and get some timberon Tuesday, and since the Parcelforce Depot was virtually next door to the timber yard, I pooped in to see if it had arrived. It was there, and had been since Thursday last :roll: .
Two boxes, superbly packed, and nothing rubbing anything else up the wrong way!

Bolted it together, as it came, but fitted my favourite saddle and pedals yesterday.

The pics don't really do the paintwork justice, but it has a sort of glittery shimmer to it, a bit like metallic felt tip pens, but no obvious metal flakes.
It's bleedin' lovely to ride, as I had expected, but the forks were a revelation!
WEighs just over 19lbs, but there's scope for a diet without getting stoopid.
It even matches me mutt!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 1,744
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,745
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,745
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,744
more...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,738
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,738
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,738
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,731
Thats the BAWZ! :cool: What tubing is it built from? Any upgrades planned yet?

Ta! I'm pretty pleased with it, I can tell you! :D Just a couple of stonechips, but that's it!
It's 853, and a nice sprightly ride, very happy in the woods.
I've replaced the Bonedragger tyres with Fires, losing over half a pound of rotating weight, and I think they look better too. Everything else is staying, for the moment. It's all decent stuff, straight out of the box.
Wheel tugs are a must though- getting the rear wheel straight is very hit and miss...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,679
I have a personnal phobia about those tyres, they are ugly as sin, still dosen't detract too much I suppose, you lucky you got my vote in the BOTM comp before you put them on though :twisted:

kaiser":2bat1f6d said:
I have a personnal phobia about those tyres, they are ugly as sin, still dosen't detract too much I suppose, you lucky you got my vote in the BOTM comp before you put them on though :twisted:
:LOL: :LOL: Plain black would have been better, but they roll OK, grip well, and were cheap! ;)

They're only there until I can get something better. Those Bonedraggers were pants!

Looks ace!

I really miss riding a ss :(

al.

al":38d2mj3j said:
Looks ace!

I really miss riding a ss :(

al.

Totally lovely :D

My left knee really started to play up when i went SS,liberating as it is im getting on better with a 1x9 set up though i only use about 5 of them :?

Latest posts

Back