Jamis Diablo 1998 back to retro

Jamis Diablo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So here is my first post in the 1998> section.
This is about my first Jamis bike I bought, and the one who created my interest in the brand.
I bought it in 2006, I saw it in an add and it was love at first sight.
I never saw such a strange looking bike before, and had to have it.
Used it as my main rider since and upgraded with modern parts.

Original:

1999_Jamis_El_Diablo-bikes.jpg

After some upgrades:

p4pb1360065.jpg

p4pb1608068.jpg

I kept struggling with two things though:
- the rear brake has a 22mm mount (like some Klein do), and it is hard to find a proper solution to fit a normal caliper.
- the schock is an Fox Alps5 wich is pretty bouncy and it is very hard to find a 155mm shock that fits in the frame.

This, and the fact I built a few more bikes I used more, made me decide to turn it back to original.
I kept almost all of the original parts, so started to turn it back:

p4pb6454078.jpg

p4pb6454079.jpg

A peak inside:

p4pb6454076.jpg

Frame close-up:

p4pb1360060.jpg

What I need to complete is:
- a Hayes Mag front brake
- Thomsom post
- Syncross stem
- Titus Hell Bent bars
- XT middle chainring
- XT cassette
- 1 WTB tire
- replace back rim, this one cracked

Nothing too hard to find, so hope to finish this one soon.

Nice to see something different. I like it. I can remember seeing them in magazines, but didn't realise they were carbon. Is Jamison a big brand then, just with a small presence in the UK?

EarlofBarnet":2dsgfz48 said:
Nice to see something different. I like it. I can remember seeing them in magazines, but didn't realise they were carbon. Is Jamison a big brand then, just with a small presence in the UK?
Jamis is pretty big in the USA, they tried the European market for some time, but closed in a lot of country's after a while.
There are some stores in the UK who can deliver, in Holland they closed around '95.

@IDB1: thanks for the link, but I'm looking for a silver one.

Back