'Black & Red' 1999/2000 San Andreas...*FINISHED* 17/4/11

Alex Creasey

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Well, had a cheeky bid on the bay a few weeks ago as a San Andreas frame popped up in the UK that looked in very good nick and was freshly powder coated red / black.
Initially had my doubts as the seller had no feedback and as soon as I'd won he was asking for payment outside of Ebay.... So despite the alarm bells ringing I paid through Paypal regardless knowing if it all went Pete Tong I'd at least get a refund eventually. However, to my surprise 3 days later it turned up! Very well packaged and in great condition... One happy bunny :cool:

This one has been bought to go out to my parents place in Spain so I don't have to keep lugging a bike out there everytime I go. It will be a bit of a mish mash of stuff left over and laying around from other builds, and where I've been waiting for the chrome one for so long I've changed the build parts here and there already, so this one gets bits from that also but should end up a pretty good bike :)

Anyway, a couple of pics as it was received:

DSC06152.jpg

DSC06154.jpg

And as of last night, new headset, Rockshox Revelations and Spinegy Xyclone wheels:
DSC06156.jpg

DSC06159.jpg

Thanks for looking and looking forward to getting this one up and running alongside the Chrome one :cool:

Cheers.
Alex.

looking good :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

i'm just about to start the classic yellow/orange fade paint job on mine :cool:

Cheers chaps :cool: ... Yeah I think the wheels and tyres work well, and the VP Comp headset was cheap as chips but is really nice quality for just how cheap it was.

Big Eck ... Sounds good mate, will be keeping an eye out for it, though sounds like we won't be able to miss it :LOL: :cool:

Cheers.

While I had the chrome one out for a quick pic update I thought it rude not to do the same with the black & red one as well. Really getting used to the colours now as I wasn't sure at first but it's grown on me alot...

DSC06210.jpg

DSC06209.jpg

DSC06208.jpg

All apart from the rear shock to come from Yasusu I'm hoping this one will be finished in the next week ready to hit the Spanish trails at the end of the month :cool:

Cheers.

Cheers chaps :)..... I know what your saying KiwiJohn, this is definately going to be more the business end of the spectrum and starting to look a bit of a weapon...

The chrome was always about the bling! :twisted:

Back