Easton Elite Frame...

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
...and some other bits! Hoping for a nice summer, I thought a light bike would give me one last year of some gentle off-roading before aging limbs and shot lungs win! The frame and the Bonty RaceLites keep the weight down - and if I like it then it will get some replacements for the rather heavier stuff (that came out of "stock" as once I have a frame I don't like to take more than a week or so to build). At about 24lbs complete, it compares very well vfm-wise with hard tails that have cost me c. 10x as much!

Easton.jpg

Easton2.jpg

Hmmm...looks familiar. Is it a woollyhatshop Easton elite Viper branded frame? They sold them about 8-12 years ago.

Mine:

4189325268_88bb4d01a6_z.jpg

"Is it a woollyhatshop Easton elite Viper branded frame? They sold them about 8-12 years ago."

That was certainly suggested when it was in the "For Sales" a few weeks ago! And the chain stay "sculpture" is identical. No sign whatsoever of it ever having been built up prior to this week.

I think it is the same. I remember mine had the American flag sticker on the seat tube as well. For the record they're called "Viper F40", they were advertised in the MBUK magazines of the era about 1997 - 2005?. Very light and responsive, awesome for the £180 price tag. My size 18" came in at 1.6kg on my digital scales. At the moment I can't put it together because I need a new dropout, which is becoming a headache to find.

This is how I had it in 2004/2005 - the last time I built it up before putting the frame into storage:

pbpic722220.jpg

Came in at a ballpark 25lbs with the heavy-ish (2kg) bombers.

Back