The latest money pit

jetstream

Dirt Disciple
I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my new project - a 1998 GT LTS 1000. I think it was a bit of a bargain - £70 for the frame, XTR rear mech, XT front mech, cranks and brakes / shifters. The frame was covered in moss and caked on grease when I got it, but a bit of work with the Fenwicks and a toothbrush eventually shifted it. Once it was clean, it was in surprising good condition with remarkably few scratches. I don't like the colour much though, so then plan is to have it as polished ally

The frame is a LTS 1000 XC, but it will probably end up as a 1000 DS spec as I have a pair of decent Rock Shox Judy XLs squirrelled away for just such an emergency :)

Currently Nitromors-ing it and then loads of polishing for the next few nights

Attachments

• 1998 GT LTS 1000 frame.jpg
    1998 GT LTS 1000 frame.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 2,067
  • 1998 GT LTS 1000 frame02.jpg
    1998 GT LTS 1000 frame02.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,068
think you did well there ! i like the colour and the fact you can put a candle in the little tube for the front mech for riding at night ! ;)

yeah, I'm not sure what to do with the end of the front mech post, in order to keep the muck out. I doubt if I will be able to pick up the proper GT cap, but I did think about shimming it and making a headset cap fit. It'll probably end up a bit of a bodge...

Back