Ok, I've popped up peeks of this one in other threads, but it's almost done now, and I think it deserves it's own header....
Started out with a badly damaged frame I couldn't pass up:
Canti post ripped off by disc adapter:
Cracks at BB/chainstay junction: (hard to see in the pic, but they're there)
After talking with FTW about my other Metalhead, I figured it was worth a shot asking him if he would consider taking on the repairs for this one... He's a great guy, and really busy, but he said he'd be glad to give it a go. so I boxed it up and sent it to visit him in Vermont.
Fast forward to last October....this is what I found at my doorstep:
Straight from the man:
Couldn't wait to get the box open.
BB filled in nicely:
Stay repair just like new:
Nice new color:
Fast forward another few months and I'm making progress on the build.
Going for a BMX-style "tear up the town" build...
Now the only thing keeping me from finishing the build is the darn spoke nipples for the front wheel that have gone missing in the post...aarrrrgggh.
Hoping to have the wheel built up this week, and I'll hopefully be posting the full monty soon...