1999 Zaskar LE updated

Twonks

Dirt Disciple
Thought some here may appreciate the below. (And I do apologise as I have just copied my Bikeradar post :oops: )

I realise it isn't retro at all really, but at least the old man of a frame (can't really call something this hard a 'girl' :LOL: ) is still going strong.

Starting place.
frame2.jpg

Then a few bits
build1.jpg

And a few bits more
build2.jpg

And a few hours of swearing gets.
build4-1.jpg

A few hours more

bike1-4.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike3-1.jpg

Kit list

Frame - 1999 Zaskar LE Cosmic Sunrise (18")
Forks - 2006 Reba air U-turn 85-115mm
Crankset - Aerozine Carbon wrapped 22,32,44
XTR HTii btm bracket
XT Front mech
XTR Shadow rear mech
XT 8SP shifters
XT 8SP block
Elixir R 185mm front brake
XTR V rear
Easton Monkey lite carbon bars and seat post
Race Face good and evil grips
LX spds
Formula disk hubs with WTB dual duty XC rims
Hutchinson Pirahna tyres

Wheels are donated from a Giant FS bike that now has my DT wheelset on to make it lighter for the youngest daughter, so I will be looking to replace these soon.

However for now an initial ride round the block suggests it is going to be quite a trail centre weapon :)

Very impressed with the old girl.

Not sure on weight yet, but it is quite light even with the anchors rotating.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

I like it but if you are spending that money on decent bits shell out a little bit more on some new decals! Contact gil_m on here or his website - he has Zaskar ones on file.

Then it would look even better.

Nice work on the build though.

Thanks for the kind comments.

The bits are stuff I've had tucked away or from the last change to my main bike, so the actual costs involved directly for the Zaskar are minimal.

I agree it would look a lot better with new stickers, but I've asked before for some and nobody seems to have the right ones for that year.

I'd rather leave it as is then put the wrong ones on, but will seek out the guy you mentioned and see if he can help.

Update to this. Gil can do some stickers, but they are adapted versions of another frame.

Not entirely what I would like, so if anybody stumbles over a sticker set please let me know :)

Latest posts

Back