2006 Specialized Enduro Pro

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Yup, I've bought something else! I really did like the 2002 Specialized Enduro I had, but it looked a little dated so fancied something similar but a bit newer.

A 2006 Specialized Enduro Pro frame came up on another forum for a good price so I snapped it up.

Not the best pics but gives you an idea:

b2b452e4.jpg

34f70c61.jpg

44c94fd6.jpg

It's got a Hope headset fitted and Specialized QR seatpost collar. I have quite a few bits in my shed at the moment, so only need a couple of bits to build it up.

Some drivetrain bits:

8cf1280e.jpg

The wheels:

04022011484.jpg

04022011486.jpg

Trying to find some cheap-ish 150mm single-crown forks at the moment, like some Marzocchi AM's or similar. Then I just need some 9sp shifters and some brakes and that should be enough to build it up.

I'll run this alongside the Giant to have a good selection of bikes to do everything on.

Great frame, my brother had one of these before it was stolen from him and a friend I worked with has an SWorks one. I always figured I'd get one when I came to upgrade my 03 Enduro... but when that cracked specialized gave me an 09 stumpy FSR frame instead so it seemed silly not to use that!

I've ridden them with Pikes, Revelations and 36s all really suit it. AM1s would be nice on there. Is it a 5 or 6" travel frame?

It's got 6" of travel, so just a little bit more than the '04 model I had. Can't seem to find any at a decent price at the moment though. Need some forks with QR dropouts so I can use the Specialized wheel I have.

Current spec is:

Frame: 2006 Specialized Enduro Pro
Forks:
Headset: Hope
Stem: Specialized 50mm O/S
Bars: FSA XC-280 (O/S)
Seatpost:
Seat: Specialized BG
Shifters:
Brakes:
Chainset: Shimano LX - Hollowtech 2 (will be run with 2 rings and a bash guard)
F.Mech: Shimano Deore
R.Mech: Shimano SLX
Wheels: Specialized Stout on Alex rims
Tyres: Continental Mountain King 2.4"

No idea which model they are, but this guy could be worth contacting: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/797969/

I used to run a set of RS DHOs with adaptors to allow a normal QR wheel to be used, can't for the life of me remember who made the adaptors but you could just run a rear QR and then a normal front wheel with a 20mm fork... might be worth considering if you struggle finding a longer travel fork with qr dropouts.

nice looking frame and you have the same camelbak as me :)
i'm gonna keep an eye out for a full sus specialized.

Camelback was a freebie with an MBR subscription years ago. Bargain :)

I got the pair of wheels cheap as the bloke said there was issues with the rear hub. I stripped down both wheels, fitted new bearings to both front and rear (cartridge in the back). Cleaned the freehub out and now everythings running smooth. Bargain set of wheels, especially when bearings all round were less than £5.

Just sorted out a set of Marzocchi Drop Off IV forks for the bike and a set of Hayes 10th Anniversary disc brakes.

Think the only thing I need is a new front wheel or hub that I can use with the bolt through forks.

9763795a12886459922l.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

ooooh you got those brakes :evil: :LOL:
good choice
cmon put together what you have!
isnt the wheel qr?

Back