2002 Specialized Hardrock; 175pound build.

jmacbrid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This Specialized is to be my all rounder, communter from time to time, fitness training bike (main purpose) and weekend warrior when the Bianchi is being fixed.

I wanted a Kona or Specialized because when I first started MTB'ing in early 2000's my first bike was a hardrock and my friends had either a Specialized or a Kona.

So purpose of this build is first to remain within the budget, keep it as light as possible, durable, as high spec as possible and a great fitness bike. (Prices do not include postage from costs)

Specialized Hardrock FS A1 including everything but wheels and cassette,

Price: 50pounds.

Wheels are Mavic, laced to Parralex hubs (Bin parts),

LX V brake set with levers,

Price: 25pounds.

On one suspension adjusted forks; from Retrobike,

Price: 40pounds.

XT RDM737 BIN PARTS.

Ritchey comp handlebars and stem; ebay.at,

Price: 25pounds.

STX 7 speed shifter BIN PARTS.

DMR chain guide; from Retrobike,

Price: 8pounds

Need;

Single chainring bolts,
Chainring,
Saddle,
Ritchey grips.

So I have just 27pound to spend, I will have to see what is within my budget as I want quite a few parts.

Pictures will be up soon.

Jamie

Attachments

• Specialized.jpg
    Specialized.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 3,926
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
you couldn't have posted this at more weird time....(check your posting time and date..) :)

Not much happening as I am going skiing for 12 days today,

Plus it only arrived today but will be finished by the end of next month. I have nearly all the parts on the way Semi slick high PSi tires, grips, BB, on one forks, one avid v brake, selle saddle.

So all I need now is an XT front mech, 2 x chainrings for a 104bcd 4 bolt. As I have decided to try a 2 x 7 set up.

Jamie

Back