Rocky Mountain Instinct 2001 Disc Brake conversion

johnnybb

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Anyone got any words of wizdom for upgrading a 2001 RM Instinct to disc. The cable guides are too small - only wire width at exit point of guide and I dont really want to cable tie. I am thinking of drilling out the guides to fit but, I wince at the thought of drillin my beloved pal (bike) - it's been in the family since it was born (built)...

Thanks you lovely Canadians but, why would you put disc compatable additional brackets on frame and forks, then forget about cable guides!! Im sure there was a good reason - after all you do make nice bikes... :)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hi Yeah, my bro had one of these and it can be used on the rear stays but, bolt also too big for top-tube guides...

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

JB

How about these? They have VERY strong adhesive pads on them. I've got some on my Marin. Be careful when you place them as the sticky pads stick quickly and are a b#%*@+d to get off.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=19014

19014.jpg

Just a thought... You haven't said what type of discs you want to run? I've gone for mechanical discs on a couple of bikes now so I can retain the original cable routes on the frame without havening to run extra guides and only have to use one or two small zip ties then rather than thorugh the whole run.

Good luck :)

Back